Thursday, March 31, 2011

Another Bread?...

Yep, this time banana bread.  Everybody at some point and time in their life has made banana bread.  The following recipe I can honestly say is the only recipe I have ever used. So that means its old, ouch.  I just love the texture of it and I have made it with both walnuts and pecans.  I've even thrown in some chocolate chips!  I love it with the chocolate chips, but try to not to do it often because I will eat the whole loaf all my by myself.

Having that first cup of coffee in the morning with a piece of warm banana bread in my rocking chair...oh, man, God is good.  I hope you like this one...

Banana Bread

2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup of chopped nuts
1 egg
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 TBSP vinegar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 cup mashed ripe banana
1/4 melted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Sift the flour, baking powder, soda and salt.  Stir in the nuts.  Beat egg in small bowl.  Add the sugar and beat until creamy.  Stir the vinegar into the milk.  Add the milk, banana and butter to the egg mixture and mix well.  Pour batter into buttered loaf pan or bundt pan.  Bake for about 1 hour or until knife when inserted comes out clean.

*When using a bundt pan bake time will be less.  Check after 35 to 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment