Monday, March 21, 2011

Family, Food and Frenzy...

Wow, what a week!  Had company all week, a fire and two broken down vehicles!  Isn't that exciting?  So much excitement I can't stand it!! My cousin Georgia Mae and her husband, Ken, arrived on Monday and my cousin Tim and his family got here on Wednesday.  It was great to see everyone!  We had BBQ and then just spent time visiting and playing with the kids.

On Thursday a fire broke out on our street and the chaos began.  Good news was they set up the command post out front of our house as well as the Red Cross.  They were handing out some snack foods and furnished water for the firemen all day.  The fire broke out about 1pm and when we to bed they were still driving by.  The smoke was horrendous at times and I saw that the neighbors across the street were carrying stuff from the inside of their home.  We asked the fireman if we should do the same and he said it really wouldn't be a bad idea.  So we took a box of important papers as well as our computers and put them in the car.  I really felt pretty safe with all of them out front.  If it was gonna get closer they would have told us ahead of time.  At one point and time the fire did jump the street down the road from us and it was controlled immediately.  So much excitement!!  I actually made them some chocolate chip cookies and delivered it out front to them.  They were truly our heros for the day!!  They are our heros everyday!

My van is going to the shop AGAIN, ugh!!  Had a transmission put in it about 2 months ago and it really never has run right.  Hopefully, they will get it right this time, problem is guarantee company says it's not their fault and now we are arguing with the two companies and they are blaming each other for the problem.  We will see who the honest one is in the end.  I really don't think I would pay for an extended warranty again!  My air conditioner went out and it needs some hoses and yep, you guessed it not covered under warranty!!  A couple hundred dollars to repair it and if I want it fixed it will be out of my pocket.  When you purchase these things they make it sound like you will never pay anything out of pocket.  Well, that's a blatant lie.  Crooks I tell ya' crooks!!  $2500.00 for a guarantee and it won't even cover a hose!!!  They got me once, but never again!!

Today is the first day of spring and it is going to be a hot one...80 today!  I sure hope we have wet spring in the next couple of weeks my pond needs it really bad.  So excited it is finally here anxious to get our pool up and running, a wedding in June and then no telling what else!  Can't wait to see the family in NH again.  It is always such a great time when we go there!  I do love my in-law family so very much!!  I really hope Toni and Randy get to go to the wedding, too.  They would love to see them, too.





Well, I better get off and get some bills paid.  Tah, tah for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment