Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Now I'm Full...

Well, supper was delicious!  I had beans and cornbread! A big ham hock, some garlic and a little bacon grease and that's it! Seriously, we could eat it everyday.  I love the smell of the house while their cooking and they last for days in the fridge.  Even my Terminix guy came into and said, "wow, something smells really good!  What are you cooking?"  That's what I like about cooking it can seriously change your mood!  Call me weird, but I can be down or just not feeling well and lo and behold whip something up and wah-lah you instantly feel better!!

David loves cornbread especially when the bottom is real crisp. The secret to a crisp bottom is in the cast iron skillet!  You have to have it really hot with butter melted in it when you pour batter in it.  The browned butter will bubble over the top of it and when it is done will be so crunchy on the bottom.  After it comes out of the oven I drizzle honey over the top of it.  Man, it just makes it taste so good.  Also, the next day, if you're lucky enough to have left overs, pop your pizza stone in the oven at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes and then place the leftover cornbread on it for about 3 to 4 minutes. It will come out hot and crispy just like the day before!  If you like molasses, oh, goodness, give it a try!

Well, this day has come to an end so have a blessed evening everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment