Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's The Small Things...

Saturday morning and all is good despite the way it started out.  Got a call this morning from my old neighbor this morning and she said that something was terribly wrong at our old house.  Had my other neighbor go over and check it out and sure enough someone had kicked in the front and stole the copper from the furnace, air conditioning unit and the hot water heater!! It truly amazes me what people will do these days.  Homeowners will pay, but it destroyed the carpet and a bar that will now have to be torn down and it is up for sale with a realtor.  It's all good though, it is just stuff and no one was hurt.  Again, God must be looking out for us because we just moved from there about 4 months ago and there had been several break ins prior to us leaving.  I just feel bad for my kids because they live overseas and it is so hard dealing with all of this being so far away.  David and I will do all we can to help them, though.

As David was cleaning the yard up in the back he called me to come outside and look what he found.  Of course, I grabbed my camera!!  It was the tiniest lil' bunny, a cottontail. I have ever seen one that small without his momma around.  He just made all my troubles seem so small!!  I actually forgot about what had happened for awhile and just got lost in that little creature.  Regardless, of what happens in our lives, God is in control and I can't worry about that stuff.  The bunny was just what I needed at that very moment!! When I think about God being in control...my mind thinks clearer and things I was worrying about just become really, really small...

I purchased a small God Box at The Affair of The Heart last month.  I love it.  I have it on my coffee table in my Woman Cave as a reminder for me everyday to hand my troubles over to Him. Each and every time I walk by and glance over and see it I immediately smile!  My problem is throughout the day I forget that I already have it in the box!!  I am human you know.


Off to town for a bit to pick up David's truck once again.  Hopefully, it is fixed for good this time.  Have a blessed day everyone and remember...don't sweat the small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment