Monday, March 21, 2011

State Fair?...

Well, no not yet, BUT it sure smells like the state fair in here right now!  Don't you just love the smell of the fair with all of the food cooking!  Hot dogs, sausage, burgers, fried dough, cotton candy, BBQ, turkey legs and of course that roasted corn on the cob! Let's see the state fair is when this year, ha! So I decided to make brats for supper with peppers and onions and man, it smells heavenly in here.  Served them on some super soft sub rolls and some chips on the side...ooooh baby!  I am not a fan at all of Italian sausage don't like the smell of them or the taste, but I will eat brats.  I'm not sure why the Italian sausage I think maybe there's fennel in Italian sausage or so I was told and I think that is what it is.  Not a licorice fan.



There's not a recipe for brats I simply just throw them in a frying pan that has been drizzled with olive oil and fry them covered until they are done.  After about 10 minutes I poke them with a fork to allow the juice to run out. Cover them again with the lid and cook for about another 15 minutes on medium high heat.  While they're cooking I slice the onions and green peppers. Then I add them about the last 5 minutes of cooking time.  At this point and time you can cook them to your liking. We prefer the vegetables a little more on the crisp side.  So 5 minutes works great for us! When they are done slap them between a sub roll and you're good to go!!  I will post a couple of pics for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment