Saturday, March 26, 2011

Let's Dip...

I have a thing for dips and I will post some really good ones for you over the next few days.  I have had dip for breakfast, lunch and yes, I am sure, I have had it for supper, too.  Cold dips, hot dips I like 'em all.  This Mexican Dip is very good all by his little ol' self!  I like to use the scoops when I serve it.  I usually make a double batch when I make it because it goes really quick.  Most of the items are things you will already have in your pantry so there's no need to out and buy a bunch of stuff.  I haven't tried it, but I bet you could make a quesadilla out of it.  Oooh, I think I might try that myself.  Add some monterey jack and colby cheese in some tortillas and grill until that cheese starts oozing out all over the place, goodness.  Can't locate the picture of this, but I will keep looking and post it later for you...


                                                              Mexican Dip

2 diced tomatoes
2 small cans of diced green chiles
1 small can sliced black olives (drained)
1 small red onion chopped
1 small avocado diced
1 tsp. garlic salt
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 cup black beans (drained)
¼ cup whole kernel corn (drained)
¼ cup chopped cilantro
juice of 2 fresh limes

Mix all together and allow to rest for about 2 hours before serving.  Serve with tortilla chips (the scoop kind).

No comments:

Post a Comment