Saturday, March 26, 2011

For The Seafood Lover In You...


For all my seafood lovers out there please I beg you...give this one a try!  Not sure where I got it from, but it is the best.  Been making it for about 10 years or so and never tire of it.  When you dip that crusty bread into that juice or broth, I should say, my goodness it is so tasty! 


Darn Good Shrimp

2 lbs. gulf shrimp (unpeeled, but, heads removed)
4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/3 c. water
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 ½ tsp. oregano (if using fresh add I TBSP)
1 tbsp. fresh thyme
1 ½ tsp. Texas Pete hot sauce or more if you like hotter
2 heaping TBSP fresh garlic
Fresh cracked pepper
Sprinkle with level tsp. of kosher salt
1 stick of butter (cut into 8ths)

Pour unpeeled shrimp into large skillet or dutch oven and spread out evenly.
Add ingredients in order given without stirring (except
the butter you will add it at the end).  Once all ingredients have been added stir
to coat evenly.  Cover with lid and cook over medium high
heat.  As shrimp begins to turn pink flip them with a fork to the other side
until all are pink in color.  This will take about 5 to 6 minutes.  
Drop in cubes of butter.  Stir until butter has melted and is
incorporated with the juices.  Allow to cook for about 2 more
minutes.  Turn heat off and allow to rest covered about 10 minutes before you serve it.  
Pour shrimp into serving dish, peel and eat.  Here's the best part of this dish serve it with a crusty
bread for dipping up the juices. Oh, my goodness, I am over here drooling all over myself!!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment