Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Here Piggy, Piggy...

Good morning everyone!  I hope y'all have a fantastic day out there and I don't think anybody even reads this, but do I care...no:)  Someday I will have a couple of followers.  I love it when I can make dinner the day before.  It gives me so much free time the next day to do whatever.  Not that I have anything to do today because my van is in the shop:(  Hopefully, I will be getting it back in the next couple of days.

Anyhoo, back to that todays supper that I cooked yesterday.  It is fail proof I tell ya'!!  A two year old could make it and impress everyone with their cooking skills.  I named it Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork or DPPP, just kidding I just made that part up.  All I did was went straight to my freezer and pulled out about a 1 1/2 lb. pork roast, it's enough for the two of us, and put it in my crockpot.  Okay, here's the really hard part...drum roll, please...I opened up a can of Dr. Pepper and poured it over the top of the meat.  It bubbled and fizzed and I was giggling with excitement because I knew what the finished product would taste like!  I placed the lid on and set it to cook for 10 hours ( I have one of those fancy schmanncy crockpots that my son, Randy, bought me a few years back) and then went and watched Dancing With The Stars with the hubs!  A couple of times during the night I did wake up to the smell of that sweet Dr. Pepper melding with the juice from the pork roast.

This morning as I was making my coffee I lifted the lid and oh, nothing but pure goodness floated through my kitchen.  It smelled like heaven in here.  I removed it from the crockpot and very carefully because it will fall apart on you (you can use a spatula if you like) and placed it into a bowl.  I used two forks to tear the meat apart into bite size pieces or chunks or just whatever you want.  Since I LOVE KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce that's what I used!!  You can use whatever your little old heart desires. Once the meat is shredded I then pour 1 1/2 cups of the sauce into the meat, mix it all up and allow it to cool completely on the counter before placing it into the refrigerator.  You know that bacteria stuff.






Now for supper tonight hubby will think I have slaved all day cooking him this wonderful meal...boy, do I ever have him fooled.  Of course when he says, "Man, you've been cooking all day, huh"  I'll slightly yawn and soak up all those compliments he's gonna give me and respond, " oh, anything for you honey!!" Pahaha...our little secret.  I sure hope you give this dish a try!  I don't think for a minute your family will be disappointed.  I will serve this on hamburger buns that have been buttered and browned on a preheated hot cast iron skillet. You want to hear a sizzle when the bread hits the pan this is what will give you a golden crunchy crust.  And of course BBQ is not complete (down south anyways) without some sliced dill pickles and a few onion slices served on the side and ya' better have a pitcher of sweet tea!!  Enjoy all of my cooking friends...until the next recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment