Monday, March 28, 2011

Beans, Beans Musical Fruit...

I cannot begin to tell you how much I love Pork-n-Beans.  Seriously, there's nothing sweeter than just opening up a can and eating them cold.  I do have my preferences, though.  Mine have to be Van Camps!! They are just so sweet and creamy, oh, yum!  This Bean Salad recipe is one of my favorites.

Now listen, when you see the pictures please don't turn your nose up without tasting them first.  If you try them and don't like then that's okay, but I can hear all the moans already before I even list the ingredients.  They are great with BBQ, pork chops or basically anything you throw on the grill. It's the creaminess, the texture of the pickles and the beans just melt in your mouth!  I made these a little bit ago and devoured a bowl before supper...me bad!  You will see my empty bowl below, ha!

I hope you at least give em' a try I don't think you'll be disappointed.  However, if your are a baked bean fan I wouldn't recommend making this using them.  The texture wouldn't be right and the sauce that they are in I feel would be way too sweet.  But if you feel you must by all means go for it!!  Enjoy...

Brenda's Bean Salad

1 (15 oz.) can of Van Camps Pork-n-Beans (do not drain)
2 boiled eggs (chopped)
1/3 cup Sweet Midgets (sliced into small pieces)
 1/2 cup Hellman's mayonnaise

Open beans and pour into small bowl.  Add the eggs that have been cut into small bite size pieces, the sliced sweet pickles and the mayonnaise.  Stir very gently being careful not to crush the beans until blended.  Serve cold with whatever you wish to serve them them with!




No comments:

Post a Comment