Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Love White...

Dishes that is!  I have collected for them for a quite a few years now.  I don't just buy a dish because it is white, though, it has to jump out at me or something.  Their shape and the color also determines if it goes home with me or not.  There's quite a few different shades of white and I don't normal buy the bright white ones. I also, do not like spending a lot of money on them either, after all it is just a dish.  I figure when I pass away I will hand them down to my kids.  They won't be worth a lot of money or anything but they sure will be packed with memories of the many, many meals we shared and ate out of them!  I  just hope they will treasure them as much as I do.

My favorite day of the year is Thanksgiving.  I just enjoy cooking that meal so much!  Having family and friends over sharing that huge meal is something I look forward to every year.  I just hope and pray my health remains good so I am able to continue this family tradition for many more years.  I love the table scape each year.  Usually my daughter, Toni, does it.  It has turkeys, Pilgrims, autumn leaves and is very festive.  I wonder what she will do this year?  Whatever it is I am sure it will be beautiful and when you put all the white dishes on there it is really, really nice.



I just wanted to share my love of white dishes with you.  I think it's funny how we each have our things we like and dislike.  Is there something in your home that you collect?  I'd love to hear your story...

No comments:

Post a Comment