Friday, April 15, 2011

No Excuses...

I bet you've heard that one before, huh?  I have just been so busy that I have forgotten all about doing the updates on my blog.  Me bad.  It just seems like lately when it rains it pours.  Every time I thought abut getting on here something happened. Gosh, I truly think there should be more hours in a day!

Last night for supper I made my Golden Chicken.  As usual it was delicious!  The gravy is so yummy and served over white rice or mashed potatoes (which is what we had) and served with a vegetable you can't ask for an easier meal to prepare.  So very simple and I bet once you try it you'll be making it quite often.  It really impresses people:)  You will always have the gravy left over and I use it up the very next day with leftovers or you could even freeze it for use later when you just need some tasty gravy.

Golden Chicken

1 whole cut up chicken or chicken quarters (1 per person)
1 can Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup (do not dilute)
1 can Campbell's Cheddar Cheese soup (do not dilute)
1 1/2 soup can of milk (empty cans)
1 jar sliced mushrooms (drained)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place chicken in 13 x 9 pan and season both sides with salt and pepper.  Cook chicken skin side up.  In a bowl combine the soups, milk and mushrooms and stir until lumps are removed and it is well blended.  Pour the mixture over the chicken and place in oven.  Bake for 90 minutes or until chicken is golden brown (see picture).  When done remove from oven and allow to rest for about 10 minutes before serving.

As you can see it is pretty simple.  You could even have it over noodles which my husband loves!  I'm sure the recipe can be doubled very easily, too, if you were cooking a large Sunday dinner.

If any of you try this please let me know what you thought of it:)...

No comments:

Post a Comment