Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dippity doo-dah...

Saturday afternoon and what a gorgeous day outside!  Hubby's out mowing the grass, laundry is in the machine, house is clean...so I figured I'd post a couple of things.  I had left over macaroni and cheese for lunch today along with a dip I made yesterday.  It's a simple ranch dip, but, goodness it is so very tasty!  It is probably my favorite next to dill dip.

I really like homemade dips over the ones from the store in those tubs.  They are great in a pinch, but if you are having a special event,  football party or game night do yourself and your company a huge favor and make one from scratch!! I am not a fan of anything that says, Reduced Fat, Lite, Fat Free or Tastes Just Like Homemade!  It is what's in there that makes it fat free or tastes like homemade that has me bothered!!  I would rather have the calories than put that junk in my body.  I feel the same way about soft drinks that are sugar free.  Not me...

This dip can easily be doubled or tripled.  If you want a soft dip, after making it, allow to only sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving or if made the day ahead allow to sit out about an hour before you plan on eating it. It gets stiff because of the cheese, but at room temp it is creamy.  I prefer to eat mine with Frito Scoops, but any chip will work fine.  I had it the other with those small pretzels.

I sure hope you like this one...

Ranch Dip

1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix
1 pt. sour cream
1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Bacon Bits

Place in bowl in the given order and stir until well blended.  Refrigerate and serve with chips, carrot sticks or celery sticks...

1 comment:

  1. This was super yummy...... but then again I haven't had anything you've made that was YUMMY!!! Thank's :) So so glad God allowed our paths to cross.

    ReplyDelete