Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pee-Can or Puh-Cahn...

I am from the south and we say Puh-Cahn!  I know the northerners pronounce it Pee-Can.  It is truly my favorite nut to cook with anyways.  I like all nuts except pistachios.  They happen to be my husbands favorite, though.  They just lack so much flavor and leave a funny taste in my mouth after eating them.  Now I loooove walnuts I can eat them by the handfuls!  They are great in cookies, pies, etc.  I never could figure out why at Christmas time they have those big 'ol bins filled with mixed nuts that you by buy the pound.  Why only at Christmas?  We eat nuts all year long.  I love buying them and setting them out in my pretty bowls with the nutcracker beside the dish.  I have three bowls that have become my favorite for the holiday season they were given to me by my sweet friend, Sabrina.  They grace my table every year!!

These Pecan Muffins are pretty good.  Just be very careful and do not over bake them as they will get hard on the edges real easy.  I like that part, but you may not.  They are kinda crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.  I only make these in my mini muffin pan, but you could probably bake them in a regular muffin tin as well.  I, personally, have never tried it though.  They hold up really well, too.  If you decided you needed something different to send someone in the mail I would recommend these muffins.  I place a piece of bread in the storage container to help keep them soft.

Pecan Muffins

2 cups packed brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans
2 eggs
2 sticks of butter (melted)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray your muffin tins with Pam.  Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well blended using an electric mixer.  Fill the tins half full using a teaspoon.  Bake for approximately 18 minutes or until golden on the edges and when touched in the center feels done.  Remove and place on cooling rack to cool.  After letting them sit for about 5 minutes flip over and remove muffins.  They should fall right out of tin.  Grab your coffee or your milk and get to eatin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment