Saturday, April 30, 2011

Move Over Olive Garden...

Why do so many of my favorite foods have to be carbs!!  Pasta...I just can't get enough of it!  Anything with pasta I like.  I will even have it left over for breakfast sometimes.   But alfredo is my all time favorite!  I had my neighbors over last night and made Chicken Alfredo and served it over fettucini.  It was so yummy.  Every family has their own family recipe, but this is the one I use for my family and after all these years I haven't gotten any complaints.  I'm so glad to get to share it with you and hope your family will like as much as we do.

It's very simple and doesn't have a lot of ingredients.  Those are my favorite kind...simple and good!  I will post how to do the chicken, too, below the alfredo recipe.  Gee, maybe, I will name my next dog Alfredo...

Brenda's Alfredo Sauce

1 quart of heavy whipping cream
2 TBSP flour
2 TBSP butter
1 level TBSP parsley flakes
1 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp  black pepper

Pour cream into pot and begin to heat on low.  Add flour, butter, parsley and garlic powder and whisk until flour is well blended and no lumps remain.  Heat until cream starts to sizzle around the end of the pan.  Do Not Boil!  When hot add the parmesan cheese and stir until well blended.  Allow to heat up again for about 5 minutes stirring constantly.  When done remove from heat.  Serve over fettucini noodles that have been drizzled lightly with olive oil (prevents them form sticking together).

Breaded Chicken Cutlet

2 chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
2 eggs (beaten)
Panko bread crumbs

Place chicken breasts into large gallon size baggie and pound with mallet until very thin, but not falling apart.  Remove from baggie and place on plate and season with salt and pepper on both sides.  Prepare frying pan with oil for frying.  When grease is hot take the seasoned chicken breast and coat with the raw egg and then place into Panko crumbs.  Coat both sides very well.  Place the chicken breast into the hot oil and allow to cook until golden brown one side and then flip to brown the other side.  Chicken will not be cooked all the way through, but will finish off in the oven.  When browned remove and place chicken on a wire rack that has been placed in a larger pan for the juices and the oil to run off into.  Continue until all chicken has been browned.  Place chicken breasts in a preheated 350 degree oven.  Allow chicken to cook for about 15 minutes.  Remove and allow to rest about 5 minutes before slicing to place on top of fettucini alfredo.  Enjoy...

1 comment:

  1. I just might try and impress my family and make this one night. lol Thanks sweetie!

    ReplyDelete