Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Who Said Enchiladas Have To Be Red?...

After tasting these "green" enchiladas you'll soon forget about the red ones.  Well, not forget, but I bet these will be served alot on your supper table.  I love green chiles!  I would love to go to New Mexico when they begin to harvest them, I bet the aroma must fill the streets.  I use them in alot of things I make and very seldom will you open my pantry and not find at least one or two cans hiding in there somewhere! They are good in eggs, soups, salsa just about anything.  The only pepper I really won't eat is the habanero.  It's just way too hot for me.  I like spicy food, but not where it burns my mouth so bad that I lose my taste buds!  Green chiles are always mild.  They do give just enough kick to these enchiladas.

You can prepare these with chicken, beef, cheese or even once again I make mine with turkey instead of the beef.  I have had all of the above and I like them all.  It is just what ever I am hungry for that day I guess as to which ones I make.  If it's the chicken ones you like you would have to boil your chicken first and then debone it.  And then follow the recipe as you would with the other fillings.

I like mine a little more cheesier than most probably, but what the heck is an enchilada without a bunch of cheese...I mean really!  Okay, here goes...

1 can Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
3/4 cup milk
2 small cans chopped green chiles
1 large onion (chopped)
12 corn tortillas
your choice of meat or cheese
grated cheddar cheese

Place oil in frying pan.  When oil is hot dip tortillas into oil to soften remove quickly and place on plate.  Continue until all of the tortillas are softened.  Mix the soups with the chiles and the milk.  Set aside.  Take a tortilla and place on a plate and down the middle put the filling of your choice and about 1 TBSP of the soup mixture, some cheese and sprinkle with some of the onion and roll up and place in baking dish.  Continue until all of the tortillas have been used.  Pour the remainder of the sauce over the enchiladas and top with the remaining cheddar cheddar and grated onion.  Place into 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.  When done remove and let sit out a bit before serving.  Top with  a dollop of sour cream and you're good to go...

1 comment:

  1. I love me some YUMMY Mexican food...... straight up my 2nd weakness. Sweets (chocolate) comes 1st. lol Gonna have to give this one a try for sure. Thanks sweet cheeks. :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete