Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday, Monday . . .

It's a wonderful Monday morning!  I feel so good today and it's one day closer until my babies get back home!  Walked outside this morning and took a picture of a huge orange sun this morning as it was coming up!  It was so darn pretty.  Sadness, in the midwest, though.  Just heard on the TV that at least 89 people have been confirmed dead from that F-5 tornado last night.  Goodness, we have lost a lot of people this year from tornadoes!!  We, too, are supposed to have some really bad weather today and tomorrow I guess.  I do really pay attention to the TV when the weatherman is on about tornadoes.  If he says there's one coming it usually does.  In a weird way I would love to see one, but I would like it to be miles away from me or any one else.  I have seriously thought putting in a tornado shelter.  My neighbors have one and have told us on several occasions to come over and use it even if they were't home.  I know sometimes that sky overhead turns a little shade of green and it really scares me.  I just want a place where I can take my dogs with me.  I couldn't imagine having to take shelter and leave them behind.

On, a happier note!!  We started our project in the house.  I have wanted bead board down my hall for a few months now and my wonderful loving husband started it yesterday for me!  I can't wait until it is done. We are going to do a little each day until it is complete.  I bought the paint to paint the wall and will start on that as soon as the boards are in place.  The color is Cornbread which is what my great room is painted.  It will give it a nice flow down the hall.  I have so many pictures to hang up and some small shelving, too.  After that I am starting on my laundry room.  It will be nice and bright and I have all sorts of cool ideas for that room. Since laundry is not my favorite task I wanted a cheery place to be in!  It will be pink . . . surprise!  I picked out some paint cards yesterday that I liked for my entry way also.  I'm thinking a really pretty light sage color.  It will have shelving all the way around at the top and some twinkle lights.  It will look very homey when it is completed.  As far as what is left in the house to paint I have my guest room/exercise room.  That color I have picked out is called Wampum.  It is a really pretty, light soft plum color.  I will put sheers in there so that the light coming in is muted just a bit.  Right now it is really bright in there.  We use the room a lot and I don't want to shut off the beautiful view of the sunrise in the morning and the natural light.  Sheers will be perfect!!  Then what will I do?  I am quite sure I will find new projects to do.  I really want to get all of this done before my family gets back.  I want to have all my time free to spend time with those adorable and precious grands of mine!!  I see many trips to the zoo, parks and lake in my near future!!

We had such a nice and productive weekend I hated to see it end!  I had to throw something together last night for dinner that was quick and easy.  We all know the benefits of tomatoes!!  Well, this side dish is super simple and the health benefits are over the moon!!  Cooked tomatoes are one of the most nutritious things you can put in your body!  This is a family favorite.  And once again, I only use Hunt's so I can't guarantee the taste of any other kind.  I like Hunt's for the simple reason, they always taste fresher and they have a little salt in them.

Baked Tomatoes

1 large can Hunt's Whole Tomatoes (do not drain)
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
fresh cracked pepper


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Pout tomatoes into baking dish and sprinkle with the grated cheese.  Add cracked pepper do not stir.  Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese has browned.  This dish goes with any kind of meat, roast, chicken, meatloaf, etc.  I am sure it will become a favorite for your family, too . . .

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to post pictures of the rooms as you complete them.

    ReplyDelete