Friday, May 20, 2011

I love to grill. . .

Don't you love that very first BBQ of the spring?  Nothing tops that first hot dog coming off the grill or those burgers, yummo!  We wait all winter for the spring and summer so we can once again cook outdoors.  I don't know what it is, but anything that is cooked on an open fire tastes 100 times better!!  One of my favorite things about camping is the food!!  That first cup of coffee on the open fire and then fried bacon and eggs.  Oh, goodness, my mouth is watering already just thinking about it.  One thing nice about being in the south is we can really BBQ all year long if we choose to.  It never gets that cold where you can't stand outside long enough to flip a steak or some chicken.

I am the griller in my home!  My husband can start the fire, but trust me, that's it!  He wouldn't even know how to cook BBQ chicken!!  We have been together for almost 22 years and he has NEVER cooked!!  Nope, not once, ever!!!  If I waited for him to cook, I'd be real skinny.  He just doesn't have a clue on how to cook.  I think it is so funny when I hear all of my friends talk about what a great cook their husbands are.  He has told me on several occasions that he has no desire to cook.  I do know guys that don't cook, but they are truly a rarity!!  I enjoy cooking so much I couldn't imagine having to sit back and watch someone else do it for me, except in a restaurant of course.  To me it is an escape and an adventure!  Plus, my hubby is my biggest fan so I will not complain that he doesn't cook.

The other night for supper I made a Grilled Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin.  It turned out so moist and I served it with my Auntie Pat's Green Rice.  Seems like every time I make it I serve it with that rice.  I had some mesquite and I used that along with some briquets and man it was so tasty!!  I love meat that has been marinated. I actually allowed it to marinate all day.

Grilled Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin

pork tenderloin (usually 2 to a pack)
1 bottle of teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup hoison sauce
3 TBSP sesame oil
4 cloves garlic (minced then mashed)
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 TBSP fresh grated ginger

Mix all of the marinating ingredients in a bowl.  Once mixed place pork tenderloins in to gallon size bag and pour all but 3/4 cup onto the meat.  Keep the 3/4 cup reserved. (*see note below) Place in fridge and allow to sit for at least 5 to 6 hours.  About 45 minutes before grilling remove from refrigerator allow to sit out at room temperature.  Once fire is ready, remove the tenderloins and discard the juice and place on grill.  Allow to cook for about 5 minutes each side then turn as needed until done.

Once done place on cutting board and cover with foil and allow to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.  Cut it at an angle and once it has all been sliced and placed on platter pour sauce all over the meat.





*While meat is marinating take the reserved sauce pour into saucepan and place on low heat.  Cook until it thickens and reduces a bit.  Once reduced set aside until ready to use.  Before serving pour over the meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment