Friday, May 20, 2011

I'll Admit It, I Am A Lush. . .

For my Chocolate Lush!!  I seriously could eat the pan of this dessert!  Oh, if you love lemon, try it with lemon pudding it is to die for, too!  I, on the other hand, am a chocoholic!  Anything chocolate is hard, really hard for me to resist.  I've been making this for years so I can't even begin to remember where this recipe came from.  All I know is when I make it, it disappears really quickly!

My favorite part of this dessert is the shortbread crust.  Gosh, butter, flour and nuts.  Come on, who wouldn't love that!  When it is baking the whole house just has this buttery aroma engulfing it.  I bet if you have never made this before you'll be trying it real soon. . .

Chocolate Lush

The Shortbread Crust:

2 cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
2 sticks butter (soft)

Mix together with fork or hands and pat into a 13 x 9 pan.  Bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or just until lightly brown.  Remove and let cool.

Second Layer:

3 packages instant chocolate pudding (Jello)
4 cups whole milk

Mix together and place in refrigerator for about 10 minutes to set up.  When set pour onto cooled shortbread and spread out evenly.  Top with the topping below.

Topping:

2 (8 oz.) Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese (room temperature)
2 cups Cool-Whip
2 cups powdered sugar


Place cream cheese in mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer until smooth.  Gradually add the powdered sugar.  Once blended gently fold in the Cool-Whip.  Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the pudding sealing the edges and when done top with nuts.

1 comment:

  1. We call this Four Layer Delight...... but it's all goes down the same......right?

    ReplyDelete