Friday, May 20, 2011

Call me Speedy. . .

Well, that was the fastest trip ever.  Not really.  I put the dogs away, locked up the house, set the alarm, got to my car and changed my mind!  It is just such a lazy day today and rainy so I just decided I will go to the bank tomorrow morning instead.  Sounds like a much better plan doesn't it?

Several people have asked me for the recipe to my spinach artichoke dip.  Of all the spinach dips I have tasted this one is my favorite.  Someone, I can't remember who though, made a spinach dip that was made with that Knorr dip and it was served cold.  I would love to find recipe it was delicious!!  I think most spinach dips are served warm aren't they?  I think it is the bacon in this one that I like the most.  I mean really who doesn't like bacon, right!  I also make mine a little extra crispy for this dish.

To serve it I just take pita bread and drizzle it with olive oil.  Then take some kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper and sprinkle it on the oiled side.  Cut the bread into four quarters and then cut each quarter into points.  I then place them on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes.  These go great with this dip!  I prefer the whole wheat kind.  If you are in a hurry or just don't want to bother with them any chip would work.  Anyways, here it is and I hope you like it. . .

Spinach Artichoke Dip

1 (10 oz) pkg. frozen spinach
1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts (drained)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 container Alouette garlic and herb cheese spread (room temp)
9 slices crispy cooked bacon
1 (8 oz) sour cream
1/2 Hellman's mayonnaise
dash of S & P

Place thawed spinach in a colander to drain for several hours.  When ready to prepare the dish squeeze out all of the remaining water with your hands.  Break the spinach up with your fingers and set aside.

Cook bacon until nice and crispy and set aside.  Once it is cool crumble into small pieces.

In another bowl mix the spinach, artichokes, parmesan, Alouette, 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, S & P, sour cream and the mayo.  Mix until well blended and stir in bacon.  Scoop the mixture into buttered dish.  Top with the remaining cup of Monterey Jack cheese and place into a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  Serve with pita points or chips.

1 comment:

  1. Yum Yum Brenda!! Glad to see you are still posting your recipes. By far this is the close one I've had to Chili's ....and I love Chili's.... so that's awesome my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete