Friday, September 9, 2011

Where Does The Time Go? . . .

I have always heard that the older you get the faster time flies, well, trust me it does!  This might sound silly, but really it seems like yesterday I was in high school and now I have grandson who's in second grade!!  I guess with Facebook and being connected with old friends from elementary school to high school really turns back the clock for me.  Gosh, I can remember conversations with friends in high school and even silly things from elementary school.  I love it, too.  Just seeing the different paths we each took and how different our lives are is amazing to me.  I have several friends from elementary school and also, some high school friends, too, on Facebook.  My very best friend from high school was Kathy Underwood.  Man, we would walk the halls every morning.  It was so much fun.  We also had a couple of classes together, too.  I recently reconnected with her via Facebook and was just thrilled when I saw her invite!!  We're all grown up now and when I talked to her on the phone it was just like old times.  Her voice was the same and everything.  I really enjoyed her friendship and so glad she found me!!  Not sure why I even blogged about this, but it was just on my mind . . .

It's Friday and it is straight up noon.  The baby is taking her nap and I decided while I have a couple of minutes I'd slip another recipe in here for you.  You may have made these lil' sandwiches before, but if you haven't please give them a try.  I recently made them for a pool party we had here at the house and they are always a huge hit.  I make them the day before and just place them in the fridge until I need them the next day.  I am sure you couple probably use any sort of lunchmeat you wanted as well as the cheese.  I chose honey baked ham and swiss cheese.  But I bet roast beef and maybe some gruyere would be quite scrumptious!  And of course they made with those delectable King's Hawaiian Buns.  I seriously could eat the whole package by my self, well, maybe not the whole package, but it would really darn close!!

Try these out for any occasion you may be having and I don't think you will be disappointed!  If you try something different write me back and let me know what you tried and what you thought . . .

Hot Hammies

1 pkg. King's Hawaiian Buns
1 lb. thinly sliced honey ham (or meat of your choice)
12 slices of swiss cheese (or cheese of your choice)
1 stick of melted butter
2 tsp. dried onion flakes
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. poppy seeds
1/2 tsp. ground mustard

Remove buns from package and place some ham and a slice of the cheese in between each bun.  Place the sandwiches into a baking dish.  Combine all the other ingredients, whisk lightly and simply spoon over the sandwiches.  Allow to sit overnight or at least a few hours if using the same day.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 15 minutes or until you see the cheese start oozing from the sandwiches.  Serve immediately and enjoy . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment